Feed The Duplo Alien is a do it yourself educational game designed for students with learning disabilities to practice counting, matching and sorting skills.
Step One: Gather materials.
- Four Pringle Tins.
- British Racing Green Duck Tape.
- Zebra-Print Sticky Vinyl.
- Wood Effect Self-Adhesive Vinyl.
- Red Ribbon.
- Sharp Knife.
- Wiggly Eyes.
- Duplo Blocks.
- Eight Post-It Notes.
Step Two: Create the aliens.
- Cut a hole in the Pringle Tins to represent the alien’s mouth.
- Cover the “Shark Alien” (one of the Pringle Tins) with the Zebra-Print Sticky Vinyl and give this alien Wiggly Eyes.
- Cover the “Tongue Alien” with Wood Effect Self-Adhesive Vinyl and use the Red Ribbon for its tongue. Use a
- Use a Sharp Knife to add two small holes to the lid and push through two red pipe cleaners. Then add Wiggly Eyes.
- Cover the “Green Alien” with British Racing Green Duck Tape. Add teeth to the bottom of its mouth and give it a single blue Wiggly Eye. To its lid, add four small pipe cleaners.
- Cover the “Rainbow Alien” with rainbow Duck Tape and add two blue pipe cleaners coming out of its lid and two green Wiggly Eyes.
Step Two: Add sticky labels to the Duplo Blocks and use a marker to write a shape and a number on them.
Step Three: Color Sorting.
- Have the child practice color sorting by placing the same colored Duplo Blocks in the Aliens with the same colored Wiggly Eyes.
Step Four: Shape Sorting.
- Write a square, triangle, circle and rectangle on four Post-It Notes and attach them to the Aliens.
- Have the child sort with corresponding shapes.
Step Five: Number Sorting.
- Group the numbers 1 through 10 by 1,2,3; 4,5; 6,7,8; 9,10 and attach the Four Post-It Notes to the Aliens.
- Have the child sort with corresponding numbers.