Materials needed: Painter's tape, card stock or paper, marker, letters (letter magnets or cut out of paper), and scissors.
- Take the tape and place the tape into a spider web pattern shape
- Place letters on each piece on the intersection of the tape
Game Play Modes:
- The child walks on the spider web and ties not to fall off.
- The adult picks a word for the child to spell and writes it down, makes sure the letter needed are on the web. The child then tries to find the letters to form the word that is written down.
- For older children the adult can tell them words to find after making sure that the letters needed are on the web.
- For children who do not know how to spell the adult can place pictures or small toys on the intersections of the web and tell the children which ones to find.