--- "DO IT YOURSELF" ENTRY ------- PURPOSE: To provide an opportunity for individuals with fine motor and grasping disabilities to hold playing cards during a recreational game of cards.
MATERIALS USED: 1 plastic CD case (the rounded style, not the jewel case style designed for a printed insert/sleeve), 1 brad, clear packaging tape, screwdriver, scissors
1. Open the CD case and bend it backwards and forwards several times.
2. Use your scissors to cut the plastic spine that holds the two sides together.
3. Use the screwdriver to poke a small hole in the center of each side of the case.
4. Hold the two sides together with the molded parts on the outside. Push the brad through the middle and spread the prongs apart. You may have to bend them a little so they’ll lay down between the molded raised plastic pieces.
5. Put clear packaging tape over the brad on both sides of the card holder. Put a strip of tape folded around the bottom of the case to keep the two sides from swiveling around.
Author: Oklahoma Assistive Technology Center